USA Visit Visa Requirements for Pakistani Citizens
The United States of America has been a favorite destination for Pakistanis for a long time now. According to the US Census Bureau, the number of Pakistanis living in America rose from 204,309 in 2000 to 363,699 in 2010, when the last census was conducted. international travelers from all across the globe. And, according to the Pew Research Center, this number has been surging, reaching a whopping 519,000 by 2015.
If you too wish to visit America, either to meet friend or family members there or for general tourism, you first need to apply for a US visit visa. And, the first step in this process is filling up and submitting the Non Immigrant Visa Electronic Application Form (DS-160).
Basic Requirements for a US Visit Visa for Pakistani Passport Holders
Along with the DS-160 application form, you will also need to submit some mandatory documents. These include:
Don’t forget to get travel insurance 👉 Details here.
- Passport: An original passport with validity of six months beyond your intended date of departure from USA.
- Photograph: A recent photograph, taken within the last six months.
- Fee Receipt: When you submit the application form, you will also need to pay a visa fee of $160. After this you will receive a payment receipt, which should be kept safely.
- Travel History: You must show proof of your travel history for the last 10 years.
- Family: A complete list of all your siblings, children and grandchildren (if any).
- Financial Proof: Evidence that you will be able to finance your entire stay in the US. For this, you can submit bank statements, fixed deposit slips and so on.
- Interview Appointment Letter: This letter confirms that you have booked an appointment to submit all the mandatory documents and attend the visa interview.
Supporting Documents Required
The supporting documents are taken into consideration by the consular officer to check your social, cultural and professional background.
- For Students: Bring your latest school results, degrees or diploma certificates.
- For Visiting Relatives: Photocopies of your relative’s status proof in the US, such as Green Card, Naturalization Certificate or a valid visa.
- For Previous Visitors: If you have been in the US before, carry all documents showing your immigration or visa status.
- For Medical Treatment: Medical diagnosis from your local doctor, explaining the nature of your disease and why you need treatment in USA. You are also required to provide a letter from the doctor who will treat you in the US, mentioning the duration and the cost of the treatment.
Section 214(b) of the US Immigration and Nationality Act presumes that anyone traveling to America is a potential immigrant. To prove otherwise, you must show that you are visiting temporarily, and you have enough social and economic ties outside the US that will compel you to return to Pakistan at the end of your legal stay in America. Where to Apply for the Visa
You can submit your visa application at the US embassies in Islamabad and Karachi. If you are a resident of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Punjab and FATA, make sure to submit your application to the Islamabad Embassy. If you are from Sindh or Balochistan, submit your application in the consulate at Karachi.
🇺🇸 Also, get travel insurance before your trip 👉 Compare plans.