How To Apply Visit Visa for USA From Saudi Arabia
Here's how you can apply for US visit visa from Saudi Arabia.
In 2016, approximately 1.3 million international tourists flocked to the United States from Saudi Arabia, according to the figures published by Statista. Although the US has a history of problematic relations with the Arabs, it does gladly welcome millions of visitors from the Middle East country each year. In 2012, a record number of students entered the US and enrolled themselves in various educational institutions in the country. The official Saudi figures show that almost 60,000 students are currently residing in the US and a few thousand more are working or residing in the nation for various purposes.
Saudi Arabians wanting to visit the United States of America are required to apply for a travel visa. To begin with, you need to fill the Non Immigrant Visa Electronic Application (DS-160) Form.
How to Apply for US Visa from Saudi
The application process is a simple, hassle-free one. Here’s a look at some simple steps to apply for a visit visa:
Don’t forget to get travel insurance 👉 Details here.
Fill the DS-160 form with correct and complete information. Avoid misrepresenting any data. This will lead to cancellation of your form, without any exceptions. All questions must be answered in English only. Along with the form, upload your recent photograph. After you have submitted the form, a confirmation page with an alpha numeric barcode number will be generated. Take a printout and bring it for the visa interview.
The next step is to pay the visa application fee. This is payable in Saudi Riyal (SAR) and is a mandatory step which, upon non-completion, can result in visa denial.
The next step is to schedule an interview appointment. This can be done within 48 hours of making the visa fee payment. You will need 3 things to schedule the appointment:
- Passport number
- Your CGI reference number
- The 10-digit barcode number on the DS-160 confirmation page
The last step is to visit the US Embassy on the date and time of your visa interview appointment. Remember to bring a printed copy of your appointment letter, along with the application form confirmation page, one recent photograph and your current and old passports, if any.
What Documents are Required for Applying for US Visit Visa from Saudi?
- Confirmation Page: This is proof that you have successfully submitted the DS-16 form.
- Passport: Your passport, with six months validity from the intended date of return from USA.
- Photograph: A recent color photograph, taken within the last six months.
- US Visa Appointment Confirmation: Confirmation of the appointment to submit the documents, which you need to do in person.
- Receipt of Visa Fee: This is generated when you pay the visa fee.
- Criminal Record Proof: A certificate from the police of your country, stating that you have never been arrested, convicted or even warned.
- Cover Letter: This letter explains the purpose of your travel. It could be for work, business, pleasure, etc.
- Proof of Financial Status: This must show that you have enough funds to finance your entire stay in the US. This can be in the form of bank statements, cash or card balance.
The visa takes about three working days to get processed, unless there are any special circumstances.
🇺🇸 Also, get travel insurance before your trip 👉 Compare plans.