Who is Eligible for EB2 Visa
As of 2017, there were approximately 44.5 million immigrants in the US, says an article by the Migration Policy Institute. Among these, only 26.8 million were employed in various jobs across the country. Working in USA is a dream for many, simply because of the sheer number and diversity of opportunities available. What sets the country apart is not just freedom, individuality and cultural diversity, but also its iconic cities like the Big Apple, Los Angeles, Vegas and Chicago. So, if you’re looking to work in the land of opportunity, consider checking whether you’re eligible for the EB2 visa.
Who Can Get the EB2 Visa?
The EB2 is the second preference employment based green card category. You are eligible for an EB2 visa if you are a foreign national with advanced or equivalent degrees or exceptional abilities. This visa has three sub-parts:
- EB-2A Advanced Degree
- EB-2B Exceptional Ability
- EB-2C National Interest Waiver
EB-2A Advanced Degree
To qualify for this visa, you need to fulfill the following requirement:
Don’t forget to get travel insurance 👉 Details here.
- You must possess a Master’s degree or a Bachelor’s level degree with at least five years of progressive work experience. However, not all advanced degrees are eligible. So, do check your qualifications against the USCIS regulations.
EB-2B Exceptional Ability
To get this visa, you will need to prove extraordinary capabilities:
- You must possess exceptional abilities in science, arts or business and hold a degree that is much above the ordinary ones in the US.
EB-2C National Interest Waiver
If you believe your job is of national interest in the US, you can apply for a labor certification waiver. These applications are considered for:
- Doctors who are willing to work full-time in areas where there is lack of medical assistance.
- Entrepreneurs who can fulfill certain conditions.
Individuals under this category must have a job offer letter and should file a self-petition by filling the Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker, Form I-140.
Other General Eligibility Criteria
The following criteria need to be met before applying for an EB2 visa:
- Official academic records showing you have a degree, diploma, certificate or equivalents from a university, college or any other recognized learning institute
- Letters indicating that you have 10 years of experience in your profession
- A valid license to legally practice your profession
- Documents showing that you will be paid a certain salary in exchange of the exceptional services you will be providing
- Memberships in professional association(s)
- Significant recognition of all your achievements in your field of expertise by government organizations or business entities
- Any other relevant eligibility evidence
How to Apply for EB2 Visa
All applications for EB2 must have an Individual Labor Certification from the Department of Labor on Form ETA-750. You can apply for National Interest Waiver by filing directly to the United States Customs and Immigration Services.
Ensure that your eligibilities match the ones laid down by the US government for immigrants and apply for your work visa today.
🇺🇸 Also, get travel insurance before your trip 👉 Compare plans.