Who is Eligible for EB1 Visa?
There were approximately 28.2 million foreigners in the US labor force, accounting for 17.4% of the total immigrants in 2018, reveals statistics released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. In the same year, more foreign men and women were employed than native Americans in various job sectors, such as services occupations, natural resources and maintenance. The US employment sector is becoming increasingly popular because of the salaries, benefits, job security, office culture, working hours and holidays. Many companies also allow their workers to set their own work hours, beyond the traditional working hours.
But, to migrate to the US for the purposes of employment, you might need an EB1 visa.
Do You Qualify for the EB1 Visa?
You are eligible for an EB1 employment-based first-preference visa if you possess extraordinary abilities in the fields of science, arts, education, business or athletics, or if you are a brilliant professor, researcher or a multinational executive or manager. You need to prove your qualities by producing proofs of “sustained national or international acclaim.”
Don’t forget to get travel insurance 👉 Details here.
Criteria for Demonstrating Extraordinary Ability
Any 3 of the following criteria need to be met to prove your abilities:
- Receipts of national or international awards of excellence.
- Proofs of your association in fields that demand brilliant achievements of their members.
- Proofs that write ups about you have been published in major trade publications or other media.
- Evidence that you have been invited to judge others’ work individually or as a part of a panel.
- Evidence of your original scientific, scholarly, artistic related contributions in significant fields.
- Proof that your work has been displayed in exhibitions and showcases.
- Evidence that you are entitled to high salary or other high remuneration.
- Proof of your commercial success in the performing arts.
Criteria for Demonstrating that You are an Outstanding Professor or Researcher
Any 3 of the following criteria has to be met to prove your abilities:
- Proof of prizes and awards for extraordinary achievements.
- Proof of scientific or scholarly research contributions to your specific field.
- Proof of having written scholarly articles and books in national and international journals.
- Proof of your association in fields that demand brilliant achievements of their members.
- Proof of published articles in professional publications by others about your work in academic fields.
Mandatory Documents Required for the EB1 Visa
The following are essential documents required for the various categories of the EB1 visa:
- Extraordinary Ability
For this category, no employment offer is required. However, you will need to provide evidence of a one-time achievement, such as a Pulitzer, Oscar and so on.
- Outstanding Professors and Researchers
International recognition must be demonstrated for extraordinary achievement in any particular academic area. You must also have at least 3 years of experience in teaching or research in your academic area. Your purpose of entering the United States should be to carry on tenure track teaching or comparable research at a university or other places of higher education. An offer letter from your US employer will be required.
- Multinational Manager or Executive
You should have been employed outside the United States by a reputed firm for at least one year any time within the 3 years prior to filing the petition and you should be entering the US in order to continue the service with that firm.
Once you tick off all the above mentioned eligibility criteria, you are ready to apply for an EB1 visa.
🇺🇸 Also, get travel insurance before your trip 👉 Compare plans.