How to Apply for USA Visit Visa from Pakistan
The United States of America is the largest economy in the world, especially when it comes to travel and tourism, according to the latest reports released in April 2019. The US tourism sector has significantly contributed to the nation’s GDP, with almost $1.6 trillion in revenues, according to an article on Hotel Management.
The Preserve Brand USA initiative continues to market USA as the top travel destination in the world. The tourism industry has also contributed 15.6 million jobs, proving it to be the world’s biggest travel market indeed. Apart from this, the US Customs and Border Protection Act offers a smooth travel experience, making the nation a favorite among international travelers.
The Visit Visa is the B2 Visa is issued to anyone wanting to travel to the United States for the purposes of leisure or medical treatment. For a Pakistani passport holder, this is the visa you need to apply for if you want to travel to America to see the famous landmarks or visit family and friends living there.
Don’t forget to get travel insurance 👉 Details here.
How to Apply for US Visit Visa from Pakistan
You can complete the visa application process in a few simple steps:
- The first step is filling up the Non Immigrant Visa Electronic Application (DS-160) Form. This should be done accurately, with complete information, and submitted online. Handwritten or typed applications are not accepted. After you have submitted the form, you will get a confirmation page, which you should save and print out.
- The next step is to pay the non-refundable Machine Readable Visa (MRV) application fee of $160. If you do not pay the fee, your visa application procedure would be deemed incomplete. In Pakistan, you can pay the amount at any branch of Allied Bank of Pakistan and save the receipt, which needs to be carried along for the visa interview.
- After this, schedule an appointment at the nearest US consulate for the visa interview. This can be done within 48 hours of making the visa fee payment. Three documents are required to schedule the appointment:
- Your passport number
- Your CGI reference number
- The 10-digit barcode number on the DS-160 confirmation page
- The final step is to visit the US consulate on the date and time of the appointment, for the visa interview. Bring a printed copy of your appointment letter, your application form confirmation page, one recent photograph and your current and old passports, if any.
What Documents are Required for the US Visa from Pakistan
You will need the following documents for a US visit visa:
- Valid Passport:
An original passport with validity of six months beyond your intended date of return from USA.
A recent, colored photograph, taken within the last six months.
- Fee Receipt:
This is to show that you have paid the fee of $160 in Pakistani currency.
- Travel History:
Proof of your travel history for the last 10 years.
- Family Details:
A complete list of all your siblings and children.
- Financial Proof:
Evidence of financial ability, in the form of bank statements, fixed deposit slips and so on.
- Interview Appointment Letter:
This letter confirms that you have booked an appointment to submit all the mandatory documents.
How to Re-apply for US Visa in Case of Visa Denial
If you are found ineligible under Section 221(g) of the US Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), it means that some necessary documents are missing or additional processing is required. So, simply provide the documents and the visa will be processed.
If the visa is denied under Section 214(b) of the INA, you will need to go through the application process once again from scratch, including paying the visa fee once again. This time, you will need to prove that the previous reasons for rejection are no longer valid.
🇺🇸 Also, get travel insurance before your trip 👉 Compare plans.