How to Apply USA Visit Visa from Dubai
The popularity of the United States as a tourist destination is quite evident from the fact that in 2016, USA welcomed 1.3 million tourists from the Middle East countries alone, say figures published by Statista. Natural wonders like ridges, canyons and beaches, plenty of art galleries and monuments, delicious cuisine and endless cities to explore make America a great place for a memorable holiday. In fact, the US is home to more than 36,000 museums, which provide vivid insights into the history of the nation.
To set foot on the American soil, you will have to start with the visa application procedure. For this, you need to fill the Non Immigrant Visa Electronic Application (DS-160) Form.
How to Apply for US Visa from Dubai
Getting a US visit visa from Dubai is just a few steps away:
Don’t forget to get travel insurance 👉 Details here.
- Fill up the DS-160 Form with all the mandatory information. Before starting with the visa application, keep handy your passport details, family details, the address where you will be staying in the US and the address of the consulate you will be appearing for the interview at. Make sure you enter accurate and complete information. Falsifying data or incomplete information will ruin your chances of being approved for the visa. You will also need to upload a digital photograph while submitting the form online.
- The next step is to pay the non-refundable visa application fee of AED 590. A few branches of the National Bank of Abu Dhabi are authorized to collect the fee. This is a mandatory step, without which the application will be deemed incomplete. You can also make an online payment and print the receipt generated.
- Before making the payment, make sure you have scheduled an interview online with the US consulate. Choose a suitable date and time for it, ideally 3-4 months before your intended date of travel.
- Gather all the required documents, such as UAE resident visa, bank statements of the last six months, stay and travel itinerary and so on.
- The last step is to attend the visa interview. Make sure to bring all the relevant documents and reach at least 15 minutes prior the given time.
Documents Required for US Visa from Dubai
- Confirmation Page: This is proof that you have successfully submitted the DS-160 form.
- Passport: Your passport, with six months validity from the intended date of return from USA.
- Photograph: Your recent colored photograph, taken within the last six months.
- US Visa Appointment Confirmation: Confirmation of the appointment to submit the documents, which you need to do in person.
- Receipt of Visa Fee: This is generated when you pay the fee.
- Criminal Record Proof: A certificate from the police of your country, stating that you have never been arrested, convicted or even warned.
- Cover Letter: This letter explains the purpose of your travel. It could be work, business, pleasure, etc.
- Proof of Financial Status: Proof of sufficient finances to fund your entire stay. This could be in the form of bank statements, cash or card balance.
What to do if the Visa is Denied
In case your visa is denied, you will need to restart the application from scratch. This also includes paying the visa fee once again.
🇺🇸 Also, get travel insurance before your trip 👉 Compare plans.